A Step at a Time
Free Online Games
Provided below are links to a range of free online games that you can use with your children. We will be adding more. Enjoy!
For Beginners - phonological awareness and learning alphabet sounds
* The BBC - a wide range of games. Suitable for more advanced children also.
* Soft Schools - another website that offers a range of different phonics games. Suitable for more advanced children also.
* Scholastics - rhyming game.
* Gisele's Big Backyard - a selection of games from rhymes to missing sounds and letters.
* Starfall - do remember that this is an American site so the sounds of 'e' and 'i' are slightly different to the NZ accent. Also that the sound for the letter 'a' is not the sound we would generally teach a NZ child first, but it is one of the sounds the letter 'a' can make.
* Owl and Mouse - matching objects with letters (by initial sound).
* Internet 4 Classrooms - an incredible number of games - both maths and literacy. Suitable for more advanced children also.
For More Advanced Children - Sounds and Sentences
* Kent NGFL - a range of phonics games.
* Fun Brain - for more advanced children.
Thornes - phonics games.
Copyright © 2006 - 2012 Kelly Rowlingson All Rights Reserved
Please read Terms and Conditions before entering this site